Just my travels

Monday, June 25, 2007

Anybody seen a GATOR!!!!!



It's not all bad in the gulf of Mexico. I got to go fishing with some real neat folks. Scott in the middle was the host. He owns a 1989 Ocean Master boat that he has completely restored. We left Matagorda Bay early Saturday morning and headed out into the Gulf. Of course , I was sea sick by the time we hit blue water. Oh well.... We went about 55 miles before we stopped to bait up. It was a cloudy day and the water was rough. It took until noon to get there. I caught the first King fish and then the next 2 also. We decided to stop and eat lunch. Well, that's when I lost my breakfast. I was the only one that got sick. It didn't slow me down, I caught 3 more Kings, before I finally ate lunch. We had a ball. If you want to see all the pictures of this trip, email me and I will send you the album.







Back to work on Monday and we found out why they call this the Gator Hole. We had a friendly gator next to the rig. He seem to be ease all day while we worked. We fed him bread, crackers, brisket and sausage. But he just set and looked at those juicy roughnecks all day long. We really never saw him lick his lips but we were sure he was thinking about it. I think we will call him Smiling Jack. The fun never ends........




Smiling Jack














3 comments:

Heidi McKee said...

Wow...I think he's slobbering for the BMIC (big man in charge) they always go for alpha male. Be careful dad, we'd like for you to keep your hands and legs :) How big is he? Did you get to keep the kingfish? Are you bringing them home to eat? How fun. Isaac wishes he was there!

Tammy said...

Cool! Send us the album of your fishing trip! and, watch out for that gator. :)
BTW, sorry you lost your breakfast on the trip.
tam

Heidi McKee said...

I like the new look on your blog :) Isn't it fun to journal! keep it up, I look forward to reading your adventures!

About Me

Some Where in Texas, United States
Travels