Just my travels

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Aliasville Texas


Chances are, you have never been to Aliasville Texas. As a matter of fact, you probably never even heard of it. I talked to folks that lived 30 miles away, that didn't know where it was. Well that's where I have been the last couple of weeks.

The photo on the left is really all that's left standing. I think it was some kind of store in the past. It is abandoned now. Just next door to this building is the Clear Fork of the Brazos river. (lower photo) There was some kind of mill or something here at one time. Now all they do is fish from the bank near the mill or what ever. There is a Baptist church on the hill and a restaurant! Someone has taken an old house and re-modeled it in to a little restaurant. I have worked in this area before and never knew about it. We always brought a lunch or went without. Then the day I left, I heard it was here. So this trip I have taken advantage of it. It has old wooden squeaky floors, old tables and chairs, but fixed really nice. It even has a claw foot bathtub in the bathroom. They also have Bed and Breakfast near by.



So if you ever in North Texas around Possum Kingdom Lake, drive over to the Aliasville restaurant and mention my name and pay cash. Try the shrimp, or chicken, and they have great hamburgers.... the coconut cream pie is great, and the chocolate cake is.... well, its good.

Wish you were here.........

1 comment:

Heidi McKee said...

Why cash? No technology for credit cards? How funny. I love it dad. Thanks for the updates.

About Me

Some Where in Texas, United States
Travels